Outpatient hysteroscopy is a short gynaecological procedure that allows us to examine the uterine cavity and take tissue samples, or treat minor lesions.
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and lasts up to 20 minutes. The patient leaves for home after a short rest in the post-operative room. The procedure is performed with a very thin (3 mm) operating tool called the hysteroscope. The hysteroscope is connected to a light source and the image is transmitted to the monitor screen via an optical cable.
The difference between diagnostic and surgical hysteroscopy
Diagnostic hysteroscopy allows us to examine the uterine cavity in its entirety to find out:
- the state and thickness of the mucosa (endometrium)
- possible pathology in the area of the ostium of fallopian tubes
- the presence of a polyp, myoma or other atypia
- developmental defects of the uterus
- presence of adhesions in the neck or cervix (Asherman’s syndrome)
Operative hysteroscopy (resectoscopy) allows:
- removal of pathologies (myomas, polyps, etc.)
- biopsy (tissue sampling)
When hysteroscopy is suitable for infertility due to uterine factors
- when unable to carry a child to full-term
- in repeated miscarriages or in the presence of post-partum residuals
- in the case of a suspected pathology in the uterus or fallopian tubes
Aim of hysteroscopy
The aim of outpatient hysteroscopy is to reveal problems in the area of the cervix, to identify the main causes of the problems and in particular to recommend further procedures for the treatment of infertility.
Advantages of hysteroscopy
Additional advantages of outpatient hysteroscopy at the REPROMEDA centre include the fact that there is no waiting time for this procedure.
Health insurance companies also provide financial support for this performance.
We will find the cause of your infertility and find the ideal treatment that will lead to your desired goal.
Increase your chances of conceiving a healthy baby. A cutting-edge reproductive genetics laboratory is here for you.
We resolve problems in a complex way. Therefore, we also offer alternative treatment methods that will increase your chance of getting pregnant.
We'll lead you through the whole process of surrogate motherhood, when the embryo of biological parents is carried by a surrogate mother.